Thank you to everyone for a wonderful Child Appreciation Day on January 19. You can read about our event as well as the unfortunate events that accompanied “Gun Appreciation Day” in this press release.
On January 19, Gun Advocacy groups wanted us to “appreciate guns” with their Gun Appreciation Day. But we preferred to appreciate children on that day, declared a National Service Day. Instead of appreciating guns, we recommended five things you could do to show your appreciation for the children who will grow up to be our future.
1. Devote your Day of Service to a children’s charity or organization.
2. Teach a child a new skill–or ask them to teach you something!
3. Leave a comment or photo on our Facebook page telling us or showing us what you did with your children. (Or share a drawing from your child on the page!)
4. Familiarize yourself with what the American Academy of Pediatrics says regarding firearm safety and children.
5. If you do have a gun at home, take this opportunity to double check that it is stored safely and cannot be accessed by anyone but a responsible adult.
Click on these ads below to see them on Facebook!